Excused Absences Notes
To Report an Absence
Please reach out to the office by phone at (626) 933-4000, by email, or by submitting the form below.
Excused Notes by Parents
As a courtesy to the parent, a school may accept notes from parents for absences or tardies. If absences or tardies become excessive, parent notes will no longer be accepted. Parent notes will not be accepted for illness under SART and SARB contract.
Excused absences will have to be verified according to Education Code 46011.
Verified absences due to will or quarantine is allowed. Verified may be by one of the following: school/public health nurse, attendance supervisor, physician, teacher, or any other qualified employee of the school district. (CCR Title 5, sec. 421, Education Code Sec. 46011).
What is considered a valid legal absence?
- A student's illness
- NOT a parent's or other family member's
- Quarantine by a county or city health officer
- Medical, dental, or eye appointment
- Attending a funeral
- Of an immediate family member only, including: mother/father, brother/sister, child, grandmother/grandfather or spouse, spouse's mother/father, spouse's child, spouse's brother/sister or any relative living in the immediate household of the student (Education Code 48205).
- Court appearance when the student has a subpoena with his/her name on it
- Religious holiday/retreat/ceremony with prior request from parent and approval from school
- Maximum of 4 hours per semester